Protein Puffs Coconut Shrimp
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 8 Large Shrimp, Deveined and Tail Removed
- 1 Cup of Crushed Sour Cream and Onion Protein Puffs
- 2 Egg (Scrambled)
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Sweet and Sour Sauce (optional)
- Preheat a cast iron pan over medium heat and add enough oil to deep fry the shrimp. (Optional: For a healthier alternative, place the cooked shrimp on a baking sheet and bake until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. The residual heat will carry it over 165 degrees F.)
- Take a sauté pan and set it over medium heat. Add shredded coconut to the dry pan and stir frequently, toasting the coconut until it turns a golden brown color.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the crushed protein puffs and toasted coconut together until well incorporated.
- To assemble the dish, dip each shrimp into beaten egg, ensuring it is fully coated. Then, coat the shrimp in the coconut-puff mixture, pressing gently to adhere the mixture to the shrimp.
- Fry the coated shrimp in the preheated cast iron pan for approximately 2-3 minutes, or until they turn golden brown. Maintain a medium heat of around 350 degrees F.
- Once the shrimp is cooked, season it generously with salt.
- Finally, savor and enjoy your deliciously prepared shrimp!